North Iowa Saddle Clubs Association (NISCA) is a group of saddle clubs organized to provide an open show circuit in a fun, safe, family environment.
Each show offers payback for classes on show day. If nominated, members are also earning points towards year-end awards. To nominate, participants must first join one of our member saddle clubs. Then purchase a nomination number and use that number for the same horse/rider combination at each show. (Club memberships and nominations must be renewed annually.)
CURRENT MEMBER SADDLE CLUBS:
*Cedar River Saddle Club, Osage
*Double C Saddle Club, Charles City
*Horsemen of Iowa, Mason City
*Plum Creek Bit and Saddle Club, New Hampton
First 2020 Meeting Planned for Jan 15
NISCA Meeting Wed. January 15, 6:00 p.m. at Boulder Tap House, Mason City, Iowa, for all members, Club Reps and Officers. They would appreciate some of us order dinner; please come by 5:30 to order if you plan to eat. We are in the back room.
1. Member Clubs must pay $30 dues prior to voting.
2. I have formally received notice that Katie Behr will be unable to continue as Point Secretary for the full year. Please attend if you would like to be nominated and voted in to this position, as the nominee must be present. This is a position for 2020 only, to be up for election at the Annual Meeting again.
3. 2020 members of the Member Clubs in attendance may vote on the Point Secretary position.
4. Each Member Club may have 2 adult and 1 youth member allowed to vote in person on the rest of our business.
5. Topics: 1. Secretary minutes; 2. Treasurer’s report;
3. Show Dates; 4. Hamilton County Saddle Club discussion; 5. On 8-28-19, the reps discussed and determined there were no needed changes to classes & a few rule reminders were given. Thus we expect there aren’t further comments, but this would be the date to do so; 6. Appoint committees; 7. Place orders for 1st T-shirt order this month; 8. Back numbers for 2020 available to buy. Any other new business is welcome. Remember all our shows are open to any rider. The membership in a Member Club is needed only to nominate for points (or if voting in elections).
**AS OF 2:15 P.M. 01-15-2020...THIS MEETING WILL BE HELD AS PLANNED...**
Our 2019 NISCA Queens were chosen on Sunday, June 9 in Osage. Congrats Ladies!
Amanda Blanchard, Jr Queen
Natalie Rolling, Sr Queen